It's more than likely that 90% apps do network requests, and 90% of these apps use HTTP protocol for this. Solving networking tasks, we often tend to complicate our own lives and take extra time writing seemingly simple procedures and classes.
In this talk, we'll discuss common challenges every developer encounter while dealing with networks and learn how to solve them using existing tools. We'll cover the following topics:
- images and other data caching, managing the cache;
- user authentification;
- doing parallel or sequential requests;
- network errors diagnostics;
- checking network stack availability;
- architecture of interaction with API;
- debugging, profiling and logging tools.
We'll discuss URLSession, URLProtocol, SCNReachability, Alamofire, Moya, Siesta, the Network framework, os_signpost, Flipper, etc.